🚚 FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $25 shipped within the US!
- 100% Bio-based
- Environmentally friendly
- Made in USA
- May use standard weapons cleaning tools
- MSDS available to download here
- Product Type: Tool
- Brand: Froglube
- Weight: 7.0 oz
A clean gun makes for a clean install! Froglube Solvent is the perfect choice for cleaning your weapon before installing your Gun Skin camouflage wrap. We recommend using the a brush to scrub into recessed edges, grooves, and contours for best results. Froglube Solvent is 100% biobased (all natural) and leaves behind no residue on the weapons surface.
- Is FrogLube effective for desert, hot, dusty and windy conditions?
- FrogLube works ‘dry’ as well as ‘wet’. Any excess can be wiped off and the function of the firearm will not be affected, therefore it will hold up well in a desert environment.
- Is FrogLube mil-spec?
- No. Actually, the FrogLube System components are designed, manufactured and field tested to meet or exceed the specifications of various U.S. government standards such as MIL-PRF 63460E and MIL-PRF-680. Additionally, the current mil-spec standards do not rise to the stringent safe toxicity levels that FrogLube requires in manufacturing non-toxic firearms care products. Accordingly, FrogLube has been tested and awarded the prestigious USDA BioPreferred Label for their system of firearms lubricants and solvents.
- What about natural ingredients, e.g. ‘biobased’ formulas vs petroleum based formulas inside of guns?
- Without revealing our proprietary information, we carefully measure the ‘reaction’ of our products inside a gun. Our lube and solvent system complies with U.S. Military and NRA guidelines for gun maintenance. FrogLube’s system prevents oxidation which we believe is a leading cause of variance, such as residue formation (accuracy) and corrosion (rust) . This is what makes FrogLube the best preservative on the market today. It doesn’t react with oxygen. But it does react with fouling. This is a key point that is often missed.
- What is the FrogLube Weapons Performance and Care “System”?
- FrogLube Solvent™ and FrogLube® CLP
Two “food grade” products have been formulated to work “together” to remove the fouling byproducts produced in a firearm; this includes carbon, copper, lead, firing residue and other non-specific build-up. A cleaning solvent is necessary to strip and degrease and a lubricant is needed to smooth actions and provide corrosion resistance. Both formulas have been carefully engineered to prevent interaction and residue formation.
- How does FrogLube work?
- FrogLube is a heavy specific gravity “food grade” mixture that seeps deep into the micro spaces of the metal and acts as if to ‘season’ the surface of the bore, any friction points and all areas treated with the lube. Once treated, fouling particles resist bonding to metal surfaces; instead, they easily wipe away or brush off the surface. This also applies to other loose fouling particles such as dirt, dust and sand. FrogLube does not film, nor is it a coating. Instead it is a treatment that is absorbed throughout the firearm. It is water insoluble and will repel water and resist corrosion.
- How often should I use FrogLube?
- You should follow manufacturers instructions. Make sure the weapon is unloaded before inspecting for cleaning. Cleaning weapons regularly helps maintain reliability and extends the service life. You may choose to run a bore patch through the barrel before firing or when preparing the firearm for service to test for fouling particles or a blockage. Inspect glide and friction points and cycle the action to check for smooth function.
Normally, firearms should be cleaned and maintained after every use. Apply FrogLube to glide and friction points in accordance with firearm instructions. After firing, when the barrel is hot, is a good time to apply FrogLube into the barrel as the heat will accelerate the absorption into the voids of the metal. After treatment, you will notice a marked reduction in friction and temperature. It is not necessary to do this after every use, but should be done at regular intervals. You should ensure the excess FrogLube is removed by running a bore patch through the bore until it is clean and smooth.
- Will FrogLube harm non-metal surfaces such as plastic, rubber, nylon or wood?
- No. FrogLube will actually enhance the condition, moisten and preserve these materials.
- Will FrogLube remove petroleum products, oils and grease?
- Yes. FrogLube dissolves carbon and petro-chemicals on contact. You should discontinue use of petroleum or other petrochemicals as it will conflict with the optimal performance of FrogLube.
- Will FrogLube harm after-market finishes, bluing or other permanent coatings such as night sights?
- No. In fact, it will serve as a cleaner and will provide lasting protection against oily film build-up.
- How do I use FrogLube in cold weather?
- Always follow manufacturers instructions for your firearm. FrogLube is designed for arctic use. When you follow FrogLube directions, your lubricant is contained “within” your firearm, not “on” it. You should “winterize” your firearm before the onset of cold temps. Use FrogLube “Dry – Clean” Solvent to remove excess lube and protectant film. Wipe Dry. Use FrogLube CLP lube very sparingly. Your firearm is now ready for cold temperatures. For comprehensive instructions, follow the guidance provided in professional manuals such as the US Army’s Field Manual FM 31-70, Chapter 6. Excerpt; “DURING THE WINTER, WEAPONS MUST BE STRIPPED COMPLETELY AND CLEANED WITH A DRY – CLEANING SOLVENT TO REMOVE ALL LUBRICANTS AND RUST PREVENTION COMPOUNDS.”